The Australian Commonwealth Government are valued partners of the National Mental Health Consumer & Carer Forum (NMHCCF), providing partial funding and opportunities for collaboration, co-production and co-design of mental health reform processes, products and programs.
Historically, the NMHCCF has been engaged in:
- Providing evidence for commissioned reports and parliamentary inquiries
- Submissions for Mental Health Reform plans and programs
- Consultation regarding best practice in engaging with people living with mental illness and their families, friends and supporters
- Participation in Mental Health Reform agenda committees, working groups, panels and round tables
- Participation in developing policies, programs and products, such as the Safety and Quality Engagement Guide for Consumers and Carers, Peer Workforce Guidelines, etc.
- Providing feedback on programs such as the NDIS, Carer Gateway, etc
- Contributing to national conferences programming, such as the Safety and Innovation Forum (formerly TERP), TheMHs, etc
The NMHCCF also has well established relationships with individual agencies such as the NDIS, the Mental Health Lived Experience Engagement Network and National Mental Health Commission, where there is a formalised memorandum of understanding.
Other departmental interactions include:
- Committee and working group participation with the National Safety and Quality Commission